Baldwin County, Georgia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:17, 15 September 2010 by CandyElledge
- This article is about a central Georgia county. For other uses, see Baldwin.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1803--Baldwin County was created 11 May 1803 from the Creek Indian Lands. County seat: Milledgeville 
1861-- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Baldwin County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).