Difference between revisions of "Barber County, Kansas Genealogy"
m (added category)
|Line 98:||Line 98:|
Revision as of 02:13, 23 January 2013
- This articles is about a county in south Kansas. For other uses, see Barber.
Barber County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Barber County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 26, 1867|
|County Seat||Medicine Lodge|
|Address|| Barber County Courthouse|
120 E. Washington Ave.
Medicine Lodge, Kansas 67104-1421
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Barber County Courthouse
120 E Washington Avenue
Medicine Lodge, KS 67104-1421
Probate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records.
County Clerk has birth, marriage and death records. 
- Sharon Cemetery, Sharon BillionGraves
- For information about Civil War records see Marion County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Barber County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Barber County, Kansas 248 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).