Barry County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Barry County Courthouse
220 W State St.
Hastings, MI 49058
1829--Barry County was created 29 October 1829 from unorganized territory. It was attached to St. Joseph and Kalamazoo Counties prior to organization 15 March 1839. County seat: Hastings 
- City: Hastings
- Villages: Freeport | Middleville | Nashville | Woodland
- Townships: Assyria | Baltimore | Barry | Carlton | Castleton | Hastings | Hope | Irving | Johnstown | Maple Grove | Orangeville | Prairieville | Rutland Charter | Thornapple | Woodland | Yankee Springs
- Communities: Assyria | Banfield | Cloverdale | Coats Grove | Delton | Dowling | Hickory Corners | Lacey | Maple Grove | Prairieville | Quimby | Schultz
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Barry County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).