Bartow County Genealogical Society and Family Research Library
Address: 101 North Erwin Street
Cartersville, Georgia 30120-0993
Post Office Address: P.O. Box 993, Cartersville, Ga. 30120-0993
Facebook: Recently updated!
Library Hours: Monday-Wednesday-Friday 10:00 A.M. till 3:30 P.M.
Services: 3 computers, 2 scanners; family histories; microfilmed newspapers
Directions: From Atlanta, go north on Interstate 75 North to exit 288. Turn left on Ga.113 (Main St.) and proceed toward downtown. After passing Applebee's restaurant, turn right on Church St.; cross over highway 41, cross Tennessee St.; go over bridge, then turn right at the four-way stop. We are located in the Arts Center building on the right. Ample parking is available. A handicap entrance is available at the front of the building.
Membership: Open to any person regardless of residence, age, race, creed, or age who is interested in genealogy or the history of this area; dues are $20 per year and includes 4 quarterlies
Meetings: Open to the general public and held at 2:00 P.M. on the first Sunday of each month at the Bartow County Family Research Library. If the first Sunday falls on a holiday weekend, the meeting is held the following Sunday. No December meeting!
Publications for Sale:
- Bartow County Georgia Heritage Book, Volume I & II
- Favorites From Our Table Cookbook
- Bartow County Genealogical Society Quarterly,1992-2013
Table of Contents for Winter 2013 Quarterly :
1. Membership Roll of the First Baptist Church, 1917
2. Picture Gallery for Richard R Hargis
3. Newspaper Abstracts from the Cartersville News, 1913
4. Bartow County Postmasters 1857-1876; picture of Old Historic Cassville Post Office
5. Justices and Notaries Public for Kingston and Pine Log Districts
6. Survey and Plat for FJ Mayson
7. Cass County Court Minutes, May Term 1855
8. Commissioners of Roads, 1870
9. Court of Ordinary Minutes, July 1858
10. Christmas Ads Published in the Tribune News, 1919
11. Old Postcards of Cartersville, Georgia