Baxter Park, Wallacetown Free Presbyterian Church--Dundee Angus Parish -282

From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:54, 18 July 2009 by Laraleepn (talk | contribs) (cat)

Jump to: navigation, search

Gives a short history of the church as well as the membership years and the number of members, and records.

History

The minister and congregation of Wallace town Church Extension church "came out" at the Disruption. With the consent of the trustees they occupied the church until 1853, when the trustees sold it to another congregation. They built a church in 1857. A new church was built in 1894.

Membership:

  • 1848, 405 members
  • 1900, 313 members

Source:

Annals of The Free Church of Scotland, 1843–1900, ed. Rev. William Ewing, D.D., 2 vols. pub. 1914. Film #918572. More details may be given in the source.

Records

The extent of records is unknown.