Bay County, Michigan Genealogy
Guide to Bay County Michigan genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Bay County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||April 20, 1857|
|County Seat||Bay City|
|Address|| Bay County Courthouse|
515 Center Avenue, Ste. 101
Bay City, MI 48708-5122
Phone: (989) 895-4280
Fax: (989) 895-4284
Bay County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Clerk has birth records from 1868,
marriage records from 1857, death records from 1867,
divorce records from 1883 and court records from 1965.
Probate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
Bay City 
- Cities: Auburn | Bay City | Essexville | Pinconning | Midland
- Village: none
- Townships: Bangor | Beaver | Frankenlust | Fraser | Garfield | Gibson | Hampton | Kawkawlin Merritt . Monitor . Mount Forest . Pinconning . Portsmouth . Williams
- Communities: Bentley . Crump, Duel, Kawkawlin | Linwood | Mount Forest | Munger | Willard | University Center
Bay County is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saginaw.
Civil War service men from Bay County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Bay County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Bay County MIGenWeb Project, a member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Bay County, Michigan page 343, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).