Bear River Stake, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
This page includes the boundaries of wards and branches as of about 1941, a timeline history, and how to obtain the records.
Source for this page
Jenson, Andrew. Encyclopedic History of the Church. (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941). p. 49-50
- Online through BYU Books. (Free) In the Text search box, type the town or unit name and click Go. Select page numbers (tiny) at the right to see the page.
- Also available through Ancestry.com ($).
Church Units and Boundaries, 1941
Northeastern part of Box Elder County, Utah, in Bear River Valley, also called Bear River Flat. Headquarters at Garland, Utah.
- North: Malad Stake, Idaho
- South: Box Elder Stake, Utah
- East: the Wasatch Mountains
- West: Curlew Stake, Idaho
Bear River Stake, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches:
Beaver Ward, see Beaverdam · Bothwell · Centerdale Branch, see Howell · Deweyville · East Garland, see Garland · Elwood · Fielding · Garland · Howell · Penrose · Plymouth · Riverside (village) · Thatcher · Tremonton ·
Obtain the Records
- List of Template:FHLCAuthorLDSStakesBegBear+River+Stake church and other records] for Bear River Stake, Utah at the FamilySearch Library.
- For later records and additional resources, see Church History Library
History Timeline to 1941
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- 1908, October 11. Created from north part of Box Elder Stake, Utah and the south part of Malad Stake, Idaho.
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.