Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:06, 10 October 2012 by Jaburgess
|Beauregard Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||June 12, 1912|
|Address|| 201 First St |
DeRidder, LA 70634
- 1 Parish Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Beauregard Parish Courthouse
412 Mayeaux Drive
De Ridder, LA 70634-0310
Parish Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate, court and land records from 1913..
- French: Paroisse de Beauregard
- Named for Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard, a Confederate general in the Civil War and one of the designer of the Confederate Battle Flag.
See an interactive map of Louisiana boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- City: DeRidder
- Town: Merryville
- Communities: Dry Creek . Field . Longville . Oretta . Ragley . Singer . Sugartown
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Confederate Veterans of Civil War
- Confederate States of America Veterans
- Stores of Confederate States of America Veterans
- Confederate pension applications
- 1 BN 2 Regiment, Louisiana Volunteer Cavalry Scouts
- World War I
- World War Draft Registration Cards
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Beauregard Parish.
- The Beauregard Parish LAGenWeb Project, an member of The LAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project, for Beauregard Parish.
- Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Beauregard Parish, Louisiana p. 289 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002). Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Handybook" defined multiple times with different content