Bedford (Independent City), Virginia
- 1 Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Additional records for residents of Bedford (Independent City), Virginia appear on the Bedford County, Virginia page.|
1890--Bedford was created 1890 from Bedford County. 
For a detailed list, including addresses, phone numbers, and external links, see Bedford, Virginia Cemeteries.
The following is a list of cemeteries in Bedford:
- Fairmount Cemetery
- Longwood Cemetery
- Otey Street Cemetery
- [Creacy] Daily-Geary, Jessica L. and James P. Geary. The Compiled Book of Creecy: Addendum 2001. Provo, Utah : Geary Genealogical Services, 2001. FHL 929.273 C861d supp. Free digitized copy.
Since the independent city of Bedford was created 1890 from Bedford County, the Civil War records for the area of Bedford will be found in the Bedford County military records. During the Civil War men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their area.
- Cutten, George Barton. The Silversmiths of Virginia (together with Watchmakers and Jewelers) from 1694 to 1850. Richmond, Va.: The Dietz Press, Incorporated, 1952. Available at FHL. [Includes a section on Liberty (now Bedford) silversmiths and watchmakers.]
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- USGS Map, Topozone.com