Bedford Holy Trinity, Bedfordshire Genealogy
Bedford, is a borough which comprises the parishes of St. Cuthbert, St. John, St. Mary, St. Paul, and St. Peter Martin. The parish of St. Paul is the largest; an additional church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, was erected in 1839-40, There are places of worship for Baptists, Independents, Wesleyans, and Moravians; as well as the Primitive Episcopal or Reformed Church of England. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241196.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Bedfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 188-194.. Date accessed: 29 August 2013.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.