Belgium, Hainaut, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Belgium, Hainaut, Civil Registration, 1600-1911 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content and Use
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Related Websites
- 7 Related Wiki Articles
- 8 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
- 9 Citation for This Collection
Title in the Language of the Record
Belgique, Hainaut, registres d’état civil
The collection consists of civil registration of births, marriages and deaths from the Belgian National Archives. The collection also includes marriage proclamations, marriage supplements, and some original indexes. Additional images will be added as they become available.
The events are recorded in Dutch, Flemish or French and cover the years 1600 to 1911.
Record Content and Use
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
For information on the content of the records please see the wiki article Belgium, General Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
How to Use the Record
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor's given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence, age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
Search the Collection
To search by index:
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to find your ancestor.
To search by image:
To search the collection, you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page.
⇒Select the appropriate "Lieu"
⇒Select the appropriate "Type de enregistrement" which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Dutch, Flemish and French so you will need to be able to understand these written languages. For help with reading the records, see the wiki articles:
You may also want to see the 3 FamilySearch Tutorials on "Reading Dutch Written Records"== Related Websites ==
|FHL Place Belgium, Hainaut items or FHL Keyword Belgium, Hainaut items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Belgium Archives and Libraries.|
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
- Genver - This website can help simplify getting to the correct location in this collection. (Website is in Dutch.)
- Belgium Ancestry
- World Vital Records - Belgium
Related Wiki Articles
- Belgium Civil Registers
- Belgium, General Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Antwerp, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Brabant Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, East Flanders, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Liège, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Limburg, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Luxembourg, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, Namur, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium, West Flanders, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium Births and Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Belgium Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from the record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find th record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you do not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the data and images published on FamilySearch.org Historical Records. It may include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- Belgium, Hainaut, Civil Registration, 1600-1911. Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Rijksarchief te Hainaut.