Bell County, Texas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Bell County Courthouse
550 E 2nd Street PO Box 480
Belton, TX 76513
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1903,
marriage, probate and land records from 1850,
military records and school census; Clerk District Court
has divorce records from 1850, court and naturalization
Quick HistorySettled, abandoned and resettled several times due to Indian troubles.
The county was named for Peter H. Bell, (1812-1898). Peter Hansborough Bell, governor of Texas, was born on May 12, 1812, in Spotsylvania County, Virginia. He engaged in business in Petersburg until he left Virginia to fight for the independence of Texas.
1891--The treasurer's office of the Bell County Courthouse caught fire, March 15, 1891. Probably arson. No record loss. 
- Cemeteries of Bell County - transcriptions and photographs - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Bell County Cemeteries - transcriptions and photos - TXGenWeb
- Moffat Cemetery, Temple BillionGraves
- St. Joseph Cemetery, Burlington BillionGraves
- FindAGrave - transcriptions and photos - Bell County Cemeteries
- Belton 1881 Panoramic Map from the Amon Carter Museum.
- Hometown Locator map
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Bell County TXGenWeb Project, a member of The TXGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Bell County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Bell County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Bell County.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Bell County, Texas. Page 659 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content
- GenDisasters.com Belton, TX Courthouse Fire, Mar 1891 http://www3.gendisasters.com/texas/7346/belton-tx-courthouse-fire-mar-1891