Belmont County, Ohio Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:34, 29 June 2012 by StandingVE
|Belmont County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Jefferson and Washington Counties in 1801.
- County Seat: St. Clairsville 
- Neighboring Counties: Belmont County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Monroe (south) · Ohio County, West Virginia (east) · Marshall County, West Virginia (southeast) · Guernsey, Noble (west) · Harrison, Jefferson (north)
See an interactive map of Belmont County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Belmont County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Belmont County.
- - 98th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies B and E
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002)