Belmont County, Ohio Genealogy
|Belmont County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Belmont County Courthouse|
101 Main St.
St. Clairsville, Ohio 43950-1224
Belmont County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 3 County Courthouse
- 4 Web Sites
- 5 Places
- 6 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Jefferson and Washington counties 7 September 1801.
- County Seat: St. Clairsville
- Neighboring Counties: Belmont County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Monroe (south) · Ohio County, West Virginia (east) · Marshall County, West Virginia (southeast) · Guernsey, Noble (west) · Harrison, Jefferson (north)
See an interactive map of Belmont County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Belmont County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Belmont County.
- - 98th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies B and E
Naturalization and Citizenship
Belmont County Courthouse
100 W Main Street
Saint Clairsville, OH 43950-1225
Court Clerk has divorce and court records from 1820.
County Health Department has burial records.
Probate Court has birth, marriage, death and probate records.
Family History Centers
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Belmont County, Ohio. Page 540 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.