Benton County, Minnesota Genealogy
Guide to Benton County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Benton County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||October 27, 1849|
|Address|| Benton County Courthouse|
531 Dewey Street
P.O. Box 129
Foley, MN 56329
Benton County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Recorder has birth records from 1870,
marriage records from 1887, death records from 1871
and land records from 1850.
Court Administrator has divorce and court records
from 1900 and probate records from 1850. 
- 1849--Benton County was created 27 October 1849 from St. Croix County, Eliminated 27 Oct 1849. County seat: Foley 
Alberta Township | Gilmanton Township | Glendorado Township | Graham Township | Granite Ledge Township | Langola Township | Mayhew Lake Township | Maywood Township | Minden Township | Sauk Rapids Township St. George Township | Watab Township
Brennyville | Bushville | Duelm | Fruitville | Glendorado | Granite Ledge | Jakeville | Mayhew | Minden | North Benton | Novak's Corner | Oak Park | Parent | Popple Creek | Rum River | Silver Corners | Watab
Civil War service men from Benton County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Benton County.
- - 7th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company I.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Benton County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Benton County GenWeb
- Cyndi's List: Benton County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Benton County, Minnesota page 362, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).