Benton County, Missouri Genealogy
Guide to Benton County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Benton County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 3, 1835|
|Address|| Benton County Courthouse|
PO Box 1238
Warsaw, MO 65355-1238
Benton County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1883
and marriage records from 1839; Clerk Circuit Court
has divorce and court records; Probate Court has probate
Court has probate records; Recorder has Deeds and land
See an interactive map of Benton County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Benton County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
A sketch of the history of Benton County, Missouri by James Henry Lay (1876) , only 76 pages, is available online free from Google Books.
- Family Maps of Benton County, Missouri Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Map of Benton County townships (Histopolis)
The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Benton County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Benton County, Missouri. Page 397 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).