Benton County, Oregon Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:37, 11 October 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
408 SW Monroe Ave
Suite 111, Mezzanine Level
Corvallis, OR 97339-3020
- Named after Thomas Hart Benton, U.S. Senator from Missouri, who advocated U.S. control over Oregon Country.
- Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
- Created 23 December 1847 from Polk County.
- Parts were taken to create Lincoln County 20 February 1893 and Umpqua County 28 January 1851.
Records held at County Courthouse
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Benton County Court House as of July 2006.
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Benton County
- The Benton County GenWeb Project, an member of The ORGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Benton County
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found