Betws yn Rhos, Conwy
"A parish in the Union of St. Asaph, hundred of Isdulas, four miles (SSW) from Abergele, containing 912 inhabitants. The village is pleasantly situated at the base of a lofty mountain, by which it is sheltered on one side, and has a fine opening towards the north, commanding a full view of the Irish Sea."
[ A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833 & 1849, Samuel Lewis]
The ancient parish comprised the townships of Peniarth, Bodlyman, Maesegwig, Tre'rllan, Trofarth, and part of Cilcen. For more information see Betws-yn-Rhos, Denbighshire at genuki.org.uk
|before 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Denbighshire|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Betws yn Rhos Parish Church at Clwyd FHS