Big Horn County, Montana Genealogy
Guide to Big Horn County Montana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Big Horn County, Montana|
Location of Montana in the U.S.
|Founded||January 13, 1913|
|Address|| Big Horn County Courthouse|
121 3rd Street West
Hardin, MT 59034
Big Horn County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Biography
- 2.2 Cemeteries
- 2.3 Census
- 2.4 Church Records
- 2.5 Court Records
- 2.6 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.7 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.8 Genealogy
- 2.9 History
- 2.10 Land and Property
- 2.11 Maps
- 2.12 Migration
- 2.13 Military
- 2.14 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.15 Newspapers
- 2.16 Probate
- 2.17 Public Records
- 2.18 Repositories
- 2.19 Taxation
- 2.20 Vital Records
- 2.21 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
- Parent County: created 13 January 1913 from Rosebud and Yellowstone
- County Seat:Hardin 
- Neighboring Counties: Big Horn County, Wyoming | Carbon | Powder River | Rosebud | Sheridan County, Wyoming | Treasure | Yellowstone
For tips on accessing Big Horn County, Montana Genealogy census records online, see: Montana Census.
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers online including Billings newspapers that may have reported on residents of Big Horn County. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
County Clerk has birth, death, naturalization and land records from 1913.
Clerk District Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
|Fort Smith||Lodge Grass||St. Xavier|
The Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation is about equally divided in land area between Big Horn County and Rosebud County.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 415.