Birmingham St Jude, Warwickshire Genealogy
|Birmingham St Jude, Warwickshire|
|Poor Law Union||Birmingham|
|Parish registers: 1715|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1715|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory) Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Warwickshire County Record Office|
Birmingham St Jude is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Warwickshire, created in 1845 from Birmingham St Martin, Warwickshire Ancient Parish and Birmingham St Philip, Warwickshire Ecclesiastical Parish.
A church district called St. Jude's was formed out of the parishes of St. Martin and St. Philip, and a benefice endowed, in 1846, by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, under the act 6 and 7 Victoria, cap. 37: the incumbent is appointed by the Crown and the Bishop alternately; and at present, divine service is performed in the national school, Pinfold-street.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
See also A Comprehensive List of Birmingham Parishes and Chapels for details of microfim for this parish.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464179.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 255-263. Adapted. Date accessed: 21 November 2013.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.