Blackpool England Family History Centre
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Local and Family History Centre holds a comprehensive collection of material for those with an interest in local or family history, including Blackpool electoral registers 1930 to date, historic Ordnance Survey maps of the Fylde area, local trade directories 1816 to 1969, Fylde area Census records 1841 to 1901. It also contains comprehensive parish records from Lancashire parishes, local newspapers from 1845, local newspaper indexes & cuttings, historic local holiday guides for Blackpool, and our local historic photograph collection.
Regular monthly talks are held at the Central Library on Thursday afternoons on a variety of local history Blackpool and Fylde subjects.
Please enquire if you require advice about your research.
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- The Local and Family History Centre is on the first floor of
Blackpool Central Library
- Visitors, especially those travelling long distances, are advised to contact us in advance as some research may require pre-booking of PCs or reader-printer machines
Phone: 01253 478090
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 9.30am-7.00pm
Wednesday - Closed
Thursday - 9.30am-7.00pm
Friday - 9.30am-5.00pm
Saturday - 9.30am-5.00pm
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events visit http://blackpoollibrary.wordpress.com/local-and-family-history/
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)