Letter B Plantation was created for tax purposes from Township B, First Range West of the Easterly Line of the State (TB R1 WELS) in 1859. Alva Plantation was created for tax purposes from Letter B Plantation in 1862. This plantation was incorporated into the town of Blaine,_Maine in 1874. 
Libraries and Historical Societies
- Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 67 (digital p. 76), and 83 (digital p. 92). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
- Blaine, Aroostook County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 16 September 2013).