Blanco County, Texas Genealogy
|Blanco County, Texas|
Location in the state of Texas
Location of Texas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 12, 1858|
|County Seat||Johnson City|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 6 Societies and Libraries
- 7 References
Blanco Valley was first settled in 1853.
The County was name for Blanco River.
1876--Courthouse and most, if not all, county records were destroyed by fire in August 1876.
Towns and Cities: Blanco | Cypress Mills | Johnson City | Round Mountain.
- Tombstone Transcription Project ~ Partial transcription of cemetery tombstones ~ USGenWeb
- Texas Historic Cemeteries ~ Partial indexes to historic cemeteries
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Cemetery Junction ~ Links to cemetery transcriptions
- Texas Museums ~ List of all museums in Texas ~ Hidden Ancestors
Historical Maps ~ From the Republic to the Turn of the Century ~ Hidden Ancestors
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Military Resources ~ Links to research Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Fallen Heroes ~ Partial Index of casualties from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Honoring Our Veterans ~ Partial index of veterans from Civil War to Operation Enduring Freedom ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Obituary Resources ~ Links to research and locate obituaries ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Texas
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Texas Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Project ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Search Tax, Criminal, Land and Wills Records ~ Ancestry.com (subscription)
- Texas Land Title Abstracts ~ Ancestry.com (subscription)
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 - 2005 ~ Hidden Ancestors
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Texas 1850 - 1930
Societies and Libraries
Johnson City Library
209 Nugent St
Johnson City, TX 78636
Phone: (830) 868-4469
Blanco County South Library District
1118 Main St Ste A
Blanco, TX 78606
Phone: (830) 833-4280
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Hidden Ancestors Information on Texas genealogy research as well as genealogy research in general.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cyndi's List ~ Texas
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).