Blisland Parish, Virginia
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:11, 19 June 2012 by Murphynw (ref)
United States Virginia Blisland Parish
The Lower Church in Blisland Parish is known as Hickory Neck Church (see picture).
Warranigh or Warrenay church belonged to this parish in the early 1700s.
- abt 1653
- Evans, David. "Price Davies, Rector of Blisland Parish Two Letters, 1763, 1765," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 79, No. 2 (Apr., 1971), pp. 153-161. FHL Book 975.5 B2v; digital version at JSTOR ($).
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
These records have been abstracted:
- Chamberlayne, C.G. The Vestry Book of Blisland (Blissland) Parish, New Kent and James City Counties, Virginia, 1721-1786. Richmond: The Library Board, 1935. Original edition: FHL Film 982042 Item 2; 1979 reprint: FHL Book 975.54 K2c 1979
- Hickory Neck Episcopal Church, Toano, Virginia (official site)
- Hickory Neck Church, The Historical Marker Database
- "History of Hickory Neck," Hickory Neck Episcopal Church, Toano, Virginia, accessed 26 February 2011.
- Tidewater Virginia Families, Vol. 3, No. 2 (Aug. 1994).
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).