Blount County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Blount County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||February 6, 1818|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Blount County Courthouse
220 Second Avenue East,
Oneonta, AL 35121
County Archivist has probate records from 1824,
marriage, land and burial records from 1820.
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records.
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Alabama Minorities has information specific to Alabama African Americans.
- Antioch Methodist Cemetery
- Center Hill Cemetery
- Clear Springs Cemetery
- Ebell Cemetery
- Huffsutler Cemetery
- Lee's Chapel Cemetery
- Marsh Cemetery
- Old Mount Moriah Cemetery
- Philadelphia Cemetery
- Pine Bluff Missionary Baptist Cemetery
- Pleasant Grove Cemetery
- Remlap Methodist Cemetery
- Sargent Cemetery
- Tidwell Cemetery
For tips on accessing Blount County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
|Sources: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml. through 1960|
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Locust Fork Alabama Family History Center
- Locust Fork, Alabama
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Blount County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 35.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).