Blymhill, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Blymhill, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
BLYMHILL (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Shiffnall, W. division of the hundred of Cuttlestone, S. division of the county of Stafford, 6 miles (W. N. W.) from Brewood.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Blymhill parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|BLYMHILL PARISH (1561) Online Records|
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Blymhill, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474612.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 23 October 2013.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- Staffordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8