Bodfaen, Gwynedd Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Wales Gotoarrow.png Caernarfonshire Gotoarrow.png Caernarfonshire Parishes Gotoarrow.png Bodfaen

History

Alternately known as Bodfaen, Bodvean or Bodvean-in-lleyn, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; 2½ miles SE of Nevin, and 4 WNW of Pwllheli r. station. It has a post office under Pwllheli. Acres, 2,572. Real property, £1,434. Pop., 382. Houses, 84. The property is divided between two. Bodvean Hall is the seat of Lord Newborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £198. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is modern, and has monuments of the Wynnes. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and a slightly endowed school. (John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

For more information see Bodvean, Caernarvonshire at genuiki.org.uk


Records


Civil Registration


Church Records


Census Records


Probate Records


Maps and Gazetteers

Web Sites