Bosque County, Texas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The County Courthouse is located in Meridian, Texas. The county website is www.bosquecounty.us
Settled mostly by Norwegians in the western part of the county and Germans in the eastern part of the county.
The county was named for the Bosque River, a name deriving from Spanish for "woods"
1871--The Bosque County Courthouse, built in 1869, burned.
Cities and Towns: Clifton | Cranfills | Iredell | Meridian | Morgan | Valley Mills | Walnut Springs
Bosque County Cemeteries at Cemeteries of Texas, Gloria B. Mayfield's website
- Bosque County: Land and People (A History of Bosque County, Texas), 1985, by the Bosque County History Book Committee, includes introductory material about the history and geography of the area, community histories, and family histories with genealogical information. Read the book on line from The Portal to Texas History.
- Bosquerama, 1854–1954: Centennial Celebration of Bosque County, Texas, 1954 by the Bosque County Centennial Association.
- A History of Bosque County, 1954 by William C. Pool.
- Bosque Territory, 1964 by William C. Pool.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TEXAS Genweb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handbook for Texas Online http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcb10
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).