Bowling Green Kentucky Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Bowling Green Kentucky Family History Center is a branch facility of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Family History Library. We have volunteers to assist in learning and expanding family history search for the beginner and the advanced.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Located at the Corner of Cave Mill and Smallhouse Road in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
- Enter the Center during our scheduled hours by ringing the bell by the Cave Mill entrance side of the building. The bell is up and left of the glass doors.
- Bowling Green Kentucky Family History Center
Wednesdays: 9 am to 5 pm and 6 pm to 8:30 pm.
Thursdays: 9 am - Noon.
Holiday Schedule: Closed Thanksgiving Week and the weeks of Christmas and the New Year
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 computers and microfilm readers plus a small library of microfilm on permanent loan of Kentucky Counties records.
Staff Research Specialties - Local Kentucy research
Resources in the Local Area
Western Kentucky University is located in Bowling Green and has extensive local research materials.
Volunteer at the Center
We love volunteers with home computer experience and willing to learn family research or experienced in family history research. Also looking for those with Spanish background .All who could vlounteer during our scheduled hours please contact Center Director Carol Ann Stott - 781-6382 or by email: KY_BowlingGreen@ldsmail.net.