Bracken County, Kentucky Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources ====== African American ==
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1848--A disaster caused the loss of some records.
|Augusta||Cumminsville||Parina (hist.)||Stoney Point|
|Bladeston||Gertrude||Rock Springs||Willow Grove|
Resources ====== African American ==
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
The organization Strictly By Name provides free online indexes to early Bracken County probate records. They offer a record retrieval service to photocopy and transcribe microfilm copies of the original documents for a small fee. Available indexes:
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Bracken County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).