Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration, 1848-2012 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Records
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to This Article
- 8 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Records
Registro Civil do Estado de Mato Grosso, Brasil
This collection of civil records includes the period of 1890 to 2011 and contains digital images of civil registrations of birth, marriage, and death from civil registry offices (cartórios) in the Mato Grosso State, Brazil. Regularly, the registration of civil records was created in books sequentially numerated preceded by a letter A, B, C, or E according to the type of registry as follows: “A” for births, “B” for Marriages and “B-Aux” for religious marriages with civil effect, “C” for death, and “E” for other type of registry. The records are usually listed in chronological order by the date of registration. The old registry books were handwritten in narrative style, but the newer and current registries are handwritten in formatted records. These records include a vast of reliable information for doing family history research after 1888. Additional images will be added to this published collection as they become available.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration, 1889-2012." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Registro Civil. Arquivo Público de Mato Grosso, Cuiabá.
These birth records usually include the following information:
- Event date and location
- Presenter's name (usually the father)
- Presenter's occupation, origin, wife, marriage location and residence
- Date, time, and place of birth
- Name of child and gender
- Mother's name
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Names of witnesses
These marriage records usually include the following information:
- Date, place, and time of marriage
- Names of bride and groom
- Groom's birthdate
- Groom's age, nationality, civil status, origin and residence
- Names of groom's parents and place of residence
- Bride's age, nationality, civil status and occupation
- Bride and groom place of origin and residence
- Names of bride's parents and place of residence
- Names of witnesses
These death records usually include the following information:
- Date and place of registration
- Declarant's name, nationality, civil status and origin
- Declarant's birth date, ID number and residence
- Name of deceased
- Birth date of deceased
- Death date, time and place of death
- Age, nationality, civil status, and origin of deceased
- Cause of death
- Names of parents of deceased
- Names of childen of deceased
- Will information
- Burial place
How to Use the Record
To browse this collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the Browse link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the Município category
⇒ Select the Cartório category
⇒ Select the Tipo de Registro e Anos which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Indexes are available on some of these groups of images. If indexes are available, check these for the name first. Indexes are usually located at the beginning of a group of images or at the end. Find your ancestors name and look for the locator information next to the name (such as page, entry, or certificate number). This will help you find the record you are looking for in the collection.
- Cadastro de Serventias Públicas do Estado de Piauí
- Certidões de Registro Civil
- História do Registro Civil do Brasil
- Cartórios e Tabeliães
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
“Brazil, Mato Grosso, Civil Registration, 1890-2011," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 19 July 2012), Varzea Grande > 2 Tabeliao > Nacimentos 1977, Ago-1978 Jan > Image 507 of 673, Marcos Andre de Lima, born 28 December 1977; citing Brazil. Several Municipal Offices of the Civil Registry for the Natural People in the State of Matto Grasso. Civil registry, 1890-2011.