64 Central Square
Bridgewater, MA 02324
Establishment and former town name(s) 
Archiac name: Duxburrow Plantation, Foords Farm, Hockomock, Ketitcut, Nunketest, Titicut
Section/Villages within the town: Bridgewater Iron Works, Bridgewater Junction, Dublin, Japan, Nippenicket Park, Paper Mill Village, Pratt Town, Scotland, Sprague's Hill, Stanley (former R.R. station), State Farm, Titicut.
Boundary Changes 
3 June 1656: Established as a town. "Ordered, that henceforth Duxburrow New Plantation bee allowed to bee a township of yt selfe, destinct from Duxburrow, and to bee called by the name of Bridgewater ..." (Plymouth Colony Records, Vol. III, page 101)
3 June 1662: Certain land granted Bridgewater
1 June 1675: Boundary line established, Court ordered "... to Run the line between Bridgewater and Middlebury". (Plymouth Colony Records, Vol. XI, page 241)
11 February 1691: Lands betweetn Bridgewater and Weymouth, called "Foords Farms", and parts adjacent annexed
10 June 1712: Part included in the new town of Abington.
20 November 1770: Part of Stoughton annexed.
8 February 1798: Part of Stoughton annexed.
15 June 1821: Part established as North Bridgewater.
16 February 1822: Part established as West Bridgewater.
14 June 1823: Part established as East Bridgewater.
20 February 1820: Part annexed to Halifax.
23 February 1823: Bounds between Bridgewater and East Bridgewater established.
20 March 1838: Bounds between Bridgewater and East Bridgewater established and part of each town annexed to the other town.
21 April 1931: Bounds between Bridgewater and East Bridgewater established.
Auburn Street Cemetery (18th century)
Benson Town Cemetery (19th century)
Cemetery near Alden's Bridge (18th century)
Cherry Street Burial Ground (aka Harlow Cemetery) (1826)
Cherry Street, near Taunton River and Halifax townline
Conant Street Cemetery (1821)
First Parish Cemetery (aka South Parish Cemetery) (1716)
Summer and Plymouth Streets
Hillside Cemetery (1813)
Auburn Street near Curve Street, Benson Town
Japan Graveyard Cemetery (1766)
High and Plain Streets
Jennings Hill Cemetery (1750)
Mount Prospect Cemetery (1842)
Mount Prospect Street
Orange Street Cemetery
Orange and Walnut Streets
Pine Street Cemetery (1833)
Pine Street, 3/4 mile from Lake Nippenicket
Pratt Town Burial Ground (1828)
Walnut and Orange Streets
Roman Catholic Cemetery
Center Street, near Aldrich Road, near Mount Prospect Cemetery
St. Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Cemetery (1854)
103 Center Street, behind St. Thomas Aquinas Church
Scotland Burial Ground (1753)
Small Pox Cemetery (1785)
east side of Conant Street
South Street Burial Ground (aka Keith Cemetery) (1756)
South Street, near Titicut Bridge
Titicut Cemetery (aka Great Woods Graveyard) (1793)
northwesterly side of Titicut Street
Vernon Street Cemetery (aka Alden Cemetery) (1751)
Vernon and Cross Streets, Titicut
Church History and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- Historical data relating to counties, cities, and towns in Massachusetts (Boston, Massachusetts : New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1997), [FHL book 974.4 H2h 1997].
-  (Bridgewater, Mass. : Henry T. Pratt, printer, 1882) HLC Book 974.482/B2 V3L, 1882, reprint 1976, 1978.