Brigham City Utah Family History Center/Services
Family History Center
|531 N 100 W|
Brigham City, Utah
|Mon: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
Tue-Thurs: 9:00 am – 8 pm
Fri-Sat: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
The Center prepares a monthly newsletter which includes family history news, tips, and a schedule of classes being taught at the Center. If you wish to receive the newsletter, send a request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Center at 723-5995.
To view past copies of the newsletter, click on the edition below:
Microfilm can be ordered online. Go to the online film ordering page. Sign in with your LDS Account. To view the films at the Center, select Brigham City Utah Family History Center as your “favorite” family history center. It will remain as your default family history center. Short term loans must be returned within 90 days. A 60-day renewal option is available when your short-term order expires. The current price for each film order or renewal is $5.50. Films ordered as extended loan will remain at the Center indefinitely. The current price of an extended film loan is $13.75. Microfiche are sent as a collection rather than as individual sheets. The current price is $4.75. Payment is made using Visa or Mastercard credit/debit card or PayPal. You will be notified by email when your film has arrived at the Center.
Free training classes are scheduled throughout the year. Select “Class Schedule” for a list of current classes.
Church groups, families, and other groups are welcome to visit the Center. If you would like to bring a group, please contact us in advance so that we have the proper staff and resources available for your visit.
Daytime reservations will be accepted any time between 9:30 am and 4:00 pm. Evening reservations may begin any time after 5:30 pm and should be concluded by 7:45 pm.
To schedule a visit, call the Center at 435-723-5995 or contact us email at email@example.com. Have a preferred date and an alternative date for your group’s visit as well as the type of activity you desire. Suggested activities are:
- Introduction to the Family History Center - A walking tour of the center, with explanations of equipment, holdings, and how ancestry information is recorded on pedigree charts and family group sheet reports. A staff member will demonstrate the new FamilySearch program. Visitors will not have use of computers.
- Introduction to new FamilySearch - A tour of the center, with visitors using computers to try to find information on their ancestors. Reminder: It is not realistic for individuals to expect to find a temple-ready ordinance on one visit to the center.
- Introduction to Indexing - Short training on how to index followed by hands-on experience indexing records.
- Introduction to Family History (ages 8 – 12) – A tour of the center and an age-appropriate activity to introduce youth to family history. Youth will not use computers.
We have six computers available for groups; however, if other computers are not being used, they may also be made available. If only six computers are available, groups of more than six may be split. Some will use computers while others tour different rooms, then rotate.
Youth groups are asked to provide one adult for every four youth. Adults accompanying youth groups should prepare to actively participate with their youth.
We want you to have the most productive and enjoyable time here at the Center. We suggest the following preparation for your visit:
In order to access new FamilySearch or Indexing, each person needs to be registered and obtain a user ID and password BEFORE THEY COME. If the person already has registered for an LDS account (such as to access ward and stake websites), then it is not necessary to register again. If they have not yet registered, visitors can go to the registration pageand follow the instructions. Please help each person register online before the group visit and remind them to bring their login information with them. You may wish to ask your ward’s family history consultant for assistance.
After registration, a verification email will be sent to the email address entered on the form. The new account must be activated within 48 hours, or the registration is voided, and the process must be started again.
Those 13 and older can register at home or with help from you or your consultant. As an alternative, you may want to schedule a “preparation” visit to the center to complete registration prior to your hands-on activity. Those under 13 must be registered by their parents.
The Church has prepared several excellent videos to introduce youth to family history. We encourage you to view these short videos with the youth before visiting the Center. The videos are found on the Youth and Family History page.
Remind the youth to bring with them for their hands-on visit:
- Their New FamilySearch user name and password
- A filled-in pedigree chart OR the name, birth date and birthplace of an ancestor who was born before 1901.
- Paper and pencil for taking notes of information found.
Staff Research Specialties