Bristol County, Rhode Island Genealogy
|Bristol County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
Location of Rhode Island in the U.S.
|Named for: Bristol, England|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
There is no county government. Government level is at town and state levels.
Records are kept at town level. Research at town level.
Places / Localities
The preceding list of places includes incorporated cities and towns, unincorporated towns and communities, and place names that may have been used in family histories. Some have well-organized records and even have web sites. Some are simply social communities with no official records, but which may be referenced in small-town newspapers. The list is provided to help researchers identify localities within the county. As records or histories of these localities are identified, a page will be added for each of these place names.
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
- Sowams: with ancient records of Sowams and parts adjacent; illustrated. Warren is current name for Sowams. FHL Collection
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- The Bristol County RIGenWeb Project, part of The RIGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project back up site
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Bristol County.