Bristol Parish, Virginia
Bristol Parish was established in 1643, including all the Appomattox River valley. When Didwiddie Couny was partitioned from Prince George county 1752, Bristol Parish became the parish for Dinwiddie County. 
The original Register 1685-1798 and the Vestry Book 1720-1789 are available at the Virginia State Library and the FHL. FHL 30625
- Chamberlayne, Churchill Gibson. Births from the Bristol Parish Register of Henrico, Prince George and Dinwiddie Counties, Virginia, 1720-1798. Richmond, Virginia: C.G. Chamberlayne, 1898. Two published transcripts available at FHL: FHL Collection and FHL Collection; digital book at Ancestry ($); and World Vital Records ($).
- Chamberlayne, Churchill Gibson. The Vestry Book and Register of Bristol Parish, Virginia, 1720 - 1789. Richmond, VA: [s.n.] 1898. Available at FHL US/CAN Film 1036590 Item 2. Digital versions at Google Books; and World Vital Records ($).
- Axelson, Edith F. A Guide to Episcopal Church Records in Virginia. Athens, Georgia: Iberian Publishing Co., 1988. p.37
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).