British Columbia Genealogical Society
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 00:07, 4 February 2011 by MDianeRogers (Creating page)
|British Columbia Genealogical Society|
The British Columbia Genealogical Society ...
- 1 Benefits
- 2 History of the society
- 3 Society Officers
- 4 Current Society Projects
- 5 Publications
- 6 Newsletters
- 7 Collections
- 8 Events
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the benefits for becoming a member of the society?
- What are the benefits the society has to offer for those who are not members?
History of the society
- The Society began in 1971, and is incorporated in British Columbia and recognized with charitable status by the Canada Revenue Agency. The Society is a member of the British Columbia Historical Federation, the Canadian Historical Association and the Federation of Family History Societies.
- A full list of current Officers, Directors and Committee Chairs is on the Society's website.
Current Society Projects
- on-going indexing of British Columbia obituaries and newspaper clippings.
- on-going indexing of British Columbia community histories and local history books.
- on-going transcriptions and photography of British Columbia cemeteries.
FamilySearch Wiki Projects
FamilySearch Wiki Page Adoptions
- British Columbia wiki pages
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are the directions to the society?
- Q. What are the society's hours of operation?