Brown County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
1855--Brown County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Hiawatha 
The Kickapoo Indian Reservation is located within the boundaries of Brown County.
Early migration routes to and from Brown County, Kansas Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Soldiers from Brown County enlisted in:
1st Regiment, Companies A and B
2nd Infantry Regiment, Company D
2nd Cavalry Regiment
5th Regiment, Companies G and L
7th Regiment, Companies A, C, H, and I
8th Regiment, Companies C and D
9th Regiment, Company A
11th Regiment, Company F
13th Regiment, Companies A, B, E, G, H, I
14th Regiment, Companies A, H, L, K
16th Regiment, Companies A, C, and K
Nebraska 2nd Cavalry Regiment
All regiments are Kansas Infantry unless otherwise indicated.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Brown County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).