Brown County, Nebraska Genealogy
Brown County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Brown County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||February 19, 1883|
|Address|| Brown County Courthouse|
148 W. 4th Street
Ainsworth, Nebraska 69210-1696
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Brown County Courthouse
148 W 4th St;
Ainsworth, NE 69210
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1883,
naturalization records 1884-1922 and military discharge records from 1919.
County Judge has probate records.
Clerk District Court has divorce and court records.
County Superintendent of Schools has school census records from 1883. 
1883--Brown County was created 19 February 1883 from unorganized territory. County seat: Ainsworth 
For tips on accessing Brown County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Brown County, Nebraska page 428, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).