Bryan County, Oklahoma Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:27, 15 May 2012 by Murphynw (stubdrop|census|bread)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1907--Bryan County was created 16 July 1907 from Choctaw Lands.
County seat: Durant 
See an interactive map of Bryan County border changes.
For tips on accessing Bryan County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has The Paris News (Paris, TX) from 1925 that may include residents from Bryan County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).