"A township in the parish and Union of Wrexham, hundred of Bromfield, county of Denbigh; containing, in 1841, 1217 inhabitants. ..... " [ A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833 & 1849, Samuel Lewis]
The new parish of Brymbo was formed by an Order in Council on 6 December 1844, out of the ancient parish of Wrexham. It contained the township of Brymbo and part of the township of Broughton. On 5 March 1880, the western part of the parish went to the new parish of Bwlchgwyn; on 15 February 1909, part of the township of Broughton went to the new parish of Broughton; and on 7 May 1921, part went to the new parish of Southsea. For more information see Brymbo, Denbighshire at genuki.org.uk
|pre 1536||Powys Fadog|
|1536 - 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996,||County Borough of Wrexham|
The parish of Wrexham, and later the parish of Brymbo, formed part of the Wrexham Registrar's District.
Nonconformist Church Records
The following records have been published:
|Gyfynus Independent||Clwyd FHS Blackwell Index CD||1827-1837|
|Harwd Calvinistic Methodist||Clwyd FHS Blackwell Index CD||1829-1837|
|Harwd Calvinistic Methodist||IGI C101341||1829-1837|
Births, marriages and deaths in Brymbo are recorded in the GRO indexes as:
|1 Jul 1837 - 1974||Wrexham||Wrexham|| XXVII (1837-51)|
Poor Law Union
The Wrexham Union was created on 30 March 1837 and the parish of Wrexham, and later the parish of Brymbo, formed part of this. A workhouse was built at Croesnewydd in Wrexham. The records of the Wrexham Union are now held at Denbighshire Record Office in Ruthin.