On 1833: "A joint township with Broughton in that part of the parish of Wrexham which is in the hundred of Bromfield, county of Denbigh, north Wales, 5 miles (N. by N.W.) from Wrexham, containing 1116 inhabitants. ..... " [A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833, Samuel Lewis]
For more information see Brymbo at Genuki
|pre 1536||Powys Fadog|
|1536 - 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996,||County Borough of Wrexham|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 104268.
The parish of Wrexham, and later the parish of Brymbo, formed part of the Wrexham Registrar's District.
Nonconformist Church Records
The following records have been published:
|Gyfynus Independent||Clwyd FHS Blackwell Index CD||1827-1837|
|Harwd Calvinistic Methodist||Clwyd FHS Blackwell Index CD||1829-1837|
|Harwd Calvinistic Methodist||IGI C101341||1829-1837|
Births, marriages and deaths in Brymbo are recorded in the GRO indexes as:
|1 Jul 1837 - 1974||Wrexham||Wrexham|| XXVII (1837-51)|
Poor Law Union
The Wrexham Union was created on 30 March 1837 and the parish of Wrexham, and later the parish of Brymbo, formed part of this. A workhouse was built at Croesnewydd in Wrexham. The records of the Wrexham Union are now held at Denbighshire Record Office in Ruthin.