Buckhannon West Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The BUCKHANNON WARD FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY has multiple local records of BIRTHS, DEATHS, MARRIAGES, OBITUARIES, as well as several specific FAMILY HISTORIES, as well as
COMPUTERS for research and a PRINTER for printing records found.
- 179 S Kanawha St Buckhannon WV 26201 United States
- 304-472-5213 OR 304-472-1585
- Wednesday 6:00-8:30pm
- To make an appointment for other times, please call in advance at (1-304-472-5213 OR 304-472-1585.)
Calendar and Events
INDEXING TRAINING CLASSES MONTHLY
Family Search Indexing is a volunteer-based effort world wide to index ( type in a format easily readable) billions of records from around the world. These indexes will them be made available online free of charge to help people find their ancestors. many of these records have never before been readily accessible to the public. One can volunteer from home anytime with online access 24/7 (24 hours a day 7 days a week)
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- (Includes - computers, microfilm readers, printers, internet access for use of personal tablets/lap top computers etc. )