Originally this area was known as Township No. 1 East of Penobscot River, Livermore Survey (T1 EPR LS) or Township No. 1 West of Union River. Buckstown existed as a plantation before it was incorporated as the town of Buckstown in 1792. The name was changed to Bucksport 1817.
fckLRfckLR=== Historical Data ===fckLRfckLR=== Town Histories ===fckLRfckLR=== Vital Records ===fckLRfckLR=== Probate Records ===fckLRfckLR=== City Directories ===fckLRfckLR=== Maps ===fckLRfckLR=== Cemeteries ===fckLRfckLR=== Churches ===fckLRfckLR=== Land Records ===fckLRfckLR=== Town Records ===fckLRfckLR=== Newspapers ===fckLRfckLR=== Libraries and Historical Societies ===fckLRfckLR=== References ===fckLRfckLR