Burlington County, New Jersey Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
"Welcome to Burlington County, New Jersey"
Board of Chosen Freeholders of Burlington County
49 Rancocas Road
Mount Holly, NJ 08060
- Former seat was Burlington, but when the population moved away from the Delaware River, a new center was needed.
- 1681, court established in province of West Jersey.
- 1694, formed by union of "1st and 2nd tenths"
- 17 May 1677, Burlington County is the first county created in what is now New Jersey, from the Colonial lands. 
- 1692, boundary set with Gloucester County.
- 1693, Gloucester County boundary repealed.
- 1710, boundaries more definite.
- 7 March 1837, part set off to form Atlantic County. 
- 1838, part transferred to Mercer County.
- 15 February 1850, Ocean County set off. 
- 1857, boundary with Ocean County clarified.
- 1891, Egg Harbor township transferred to Ocean County.
- 1902, parts added from Camden and Atlantic counties.
Places / Localities
St Mary Parish
Address: 45 Crosswicks St, Bordentown, NJ 08505
Phone: (609) 298-0261 Fax: (609) 298-7178
- United States Geographic Survey Place Names - GNIS for Burlington County (over 1150 entries)
(may not always be present in alphabetic order on first try.)
Societies and Libraries
- The Burlington County NJGenWeb Project, an member of The NJGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Burlington County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Burlington County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Burlington County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].