United States > New Jersey > Burlington County
showing location of Burlington County
"Welcome to Burlington County, New Jersey"
Board of Chosen Freeholders of Burlington County
49 Rancocas Road
Mount Holly, NJ 08060
- Former seat was Burlington, but when the population moved away from the Delaware River, a new center was needed.
- 1681, court established in province of West Jersey.
- 1694, formed by union of "1st and 2nd tenths"
- 17 May 1677, Burlington County is the first county created in what is now New Jersey, from the Colonial lands. 
- 1692, boundary set with Gloucester County.
- 1693, Gloucester County boundary repealed.
- 1710, boundaries more definite.
- 7 March 1837, part set off to form Atlantic County. 
- 1838, part transferred to Mercer County.
- 15 February 1850, Ocean County set off. 
- 1857, boundary with Ocean County clarified.
- 1891, Egg Harbor township transferred to Ocean County.
- 1902, parts added from Camden and Atlantic counties.
Places / Localities
- Bass River
- Edgewater Park
- Maple Shade
- Mount Holly
- Mount Laurel
- New Hanover
- North Hanover
- Browns Mills
- Country Lake Estates
- New Gretna
- Pemberton Heights
- Presidential Lakes Estates
Atlantic | Camden | Mercer | Monmouth | Ocean | Pennsylvania counties: Bucks | Philadelphia
- St Mary Parish, Founded:1837- Address: 45 Crosswicks St, Bordentown, NJ 08505 - Phone: (609) 298-0261 Fax: (609) 298-7178 - Website: www.stmarysbordentown.org/
- United States Geographic Survey Place Names - GNIS for Burlington County (over 1150 entries)
(may not always be present in alphabetic order on first try.)
Societies and Libraries