Caldwell County, Kentucky Genealogy
|Caldwell County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||January 31, 1809|
- 1 Caldwell County Kentucky Courthouse
- 2 Caldwell County Kentucky History
- 3 Caldwell County Kentucky Places / Localities
- 4 Caldwell County Kentucky Genealogy Resources
- 5 Caldwell County Kentucky Genealogy Societies and Libraries
- 6 Caldwell County Kentucky Genealogy Websites
- 7 Caldwell County Kentucky Genealogy References
Caldwell County Kentucky Courthouse
Caldwell County Kentucky History
Was formed from Livingston County in 1809. Before that, modern-day Caldwell County was part of Christian, Logan, and Lincoln Counties--Lincoln County being one of the three original counties in Kentucky.
The courthouse fire on 15 Dec 1864 destroyed some records
Caldwell County Kentucky Places / Localities
|Cedar Bluff||Flat Rock||Needmore||Smith Ford|
|Claxton||Fredonia||Otter Pond||The Bluff|
|Cobb||Friendship||Princeton||Tom Gray Ford|
|Creswell||Harper Ford||Pumpkin Center||Utley Ford|
Caldwell County Kentucky Genealogy Resources
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Caldwell County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Caldwell Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- TheFamily History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Caldwell County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Caldwell County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
For tips on accessing Caldwell County, Kentucky Genealogy census records online, see: Kentucky Census.
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Circuit Court
- Fiscal Court
- Caldwell Co., Ky. County Court Clerk
- US GenWeb Archives 1810 Court Records
- 1835 Court Minutes
- Caldwell Co., KyGenWeb Archives
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Baker] Chapman, Peggy Brown. Bakers of Logan, Christian, Muhlenberg, Livingston, Henderson, Hopkins, Caldwell, Union, Todd, Trigg, Crittenden, Lyon, McLean and Webster Counties & Jackson Purchase, Kentucky. Lubbock, Texas: P.B. Chapman, 1995. FHL Book 929.273 B171cp.
- [Flournoy] Rivers, Flournoy. "The Flournoy Family," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 2, No. 1 (Jul. 1894):81-90; Vol. 2, No. 2 (Oct. 1894):190-213; Vol. 2, No. 3 (Jan. 1895):318-327; Vol. 2, No. 4 (Apr. 1895):437-447; Vol. 3, No. 1 (Jul. 1895):67-79; Vol. 3, No. 4 (Apr. 1896):414-416; Vol. 4, No. 1 (Jul. 1896):97-101. Digitized by JSTOR - free.
- [Gilkey] Gilkey, Kenneth Edward. Gilkeys of Early Kentucky 1780-2000: This Book Focuses Primarily on William Gilkey of Caldwell Co., Ky. and His Descendants and His Brothers, David Gilkey of Union County, Ky. and John Gilkey of Nelson Co. Ky. and Their Descendants. Newburgh, Ind.: K.E. Gilkey, 2000. FHL Book 929.273 G397g
- [Sassin] Allen, Cameron. "Francois Sasin/Sassin of Manakin Town: The First Six Generations of the Sassin/Sasseen Family in America," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 37, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1993):3-17; Vol. 37, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1993):99-116; Vol. 37, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1993):193-205; Vol. 37, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1993):259-271. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 37 (1993).
- Military Caldwell Co., Ky. Cemeteries
- WW II Memorial- Caldwell
- WWII Memorial- Fredonia
- Caldwell Co., KyGenWeb Military Research
- KyGenWeb Archives
- 1809-1968 - Will Books A to G (1809-1968) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- Caldwell Co., KyGenWeb Birth Records 1911-1930
- KY Death Records
- Vital records Project
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Unmarked Burials
- Caldwell Co., Ky. County Court Records
- Ky Vital records Index
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Message Board
- Morgan's Funeral Home (Recent Obits)
Caldwell County Kentucky Genealogy Societies and Libraries
- George Coon Public Library
- Glenn Martin Genealogy Research Library
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Historical Society
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Genealogy Society
- Fredonia Valley Heritage Society
Family History Centers
Caldwell County Kentucky Genealogy Websites
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
Caldwell County Kentucky Genealogy References
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Caldway County, Kentucky page 269, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).