Callaway County, Missouri Genealogy
Guide to Callaway County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Callaway County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||November 25, 1820|
|Address|| Callaway County Courthouse|
10 E 5th Street
Fulton, MO 65251-1700
Callaway County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Clerk has birth and death records 1883-1888;
County Recorder has marriage and land records; Clerk
Ciruit Court has divorce records; Probate Judge has
See an interactive map of Callaway County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Callaway County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Map of Callaway County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Callaway County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Jefferson City newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news that included residents from Callaway County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Callaway County, Missouri. Page 398 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).