Campbell County, Georgia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:17, 13 September 2010 by DiltsGD (t)
- Campbell County was formed 20 December 1820 with parts from Fayette, Coweta and Carroll counties and half of DeKalb County which became Fulton County soon afterwards.
- Original county seat was Campbellton, but after the Atlanta & West Point Railroad built through Fairburn, the county seat was transferred to Fairburn.
- Northwest part of the county became Douglas County 17 October 1870.
- Along with Milton County, Campbell County ceased to exist and merged with Fulton County 1 January 1932.
- For records, see Fulton County, Georgia.
- T. S. Arthur and W. H. Carpenter, History of Georgia: From Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time, Lippincott's Cabinet Histories of the States, Georgia (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1858). (FHL 6117226) Digitized by BYU Family History Archives.
- Robert Preston Brooks, History of Georgia (Boston: Atkinson, Mentzer, 1913) (FHL 6104646) Digitized by Google Books.
- Ellis Merton Coulter, A Short History of Georgia (Chapel Hill, [N. Car.]: Univ. of N. Car. Press, 1933) (FHL 975.8 H2ce)
- Clark Howell, History of Georgia (S.l.: S.J. Clarke, 1926) (Book FHL 975.8 D3hc; Film FHL 1000159) Digitized by Google Books.
- George Place Names, Kenneth K. Krakow; pub. Macon, Georgia, 1975
- History of Georgia:Biographical, several volumes; pub. Chicago, 1926