Campbell County, Georgia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:52, 14 August 2008 by Dsammy
- Campbell County was formed 20 December 1820 with parts from Fayette, Coweta and Carroll counties and half of DeKalb County which became Fulton County soon afterwards.
- Original county seat was Campbellton, but after the Atlanta & West Point Railroad built through Fairburn, the county seat was transferred to Fairburn.
- Northwest part of the county became Douglas County 17 October 1870.
- Along with Milton County, Campbell County ceased to exist and merged with Fulton County 1 January 1932.
- For records, see Fulton County, Georgia.
- Cabinet Histories, Georgia History and Georgia, T. S. Arthur & W. H. Carpenter; pub. Philadelphia, 1858
- History of Georgia, Robert Preston Brooks; pub. New York, 1938
- A Short History of Georgia, E. Merton Coulter; pub. Raleigh, 1933
- History of Georgia, Clark Howell; n.p., 1926
- George Place Names, Kenneth K. Krakow; pub. Macon, Georgia, 1975
- History of Georgia"Biographical, several volumes; pub. Chicago, 1926