Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:22, 1 March 2013 by Mcbridelw
Canadian Passenger lists are housed at The Library and Archives Canada (RG 76 C1), the official immigration documents from 1865 to 1935 for the ports of Canada. Online databases provide access to passenger lists for the ports of
- Québec (1865-1935)
- Halifax (1881-1935)
- Saint John (1900-1935)
- North Sydney (1906-1935)
- Vancouver (1905-1935)
- Victoria (1905 to 1935)
- via New York (1906-1931) and other eastern United States ports (1905-1928) - these lists include only the names of passengers who stated that they intended to proceed directly to Canada
- Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935 Indexed, ship lists with images Ancestry online database - Free index only
- Canadian Immigrants, 1865-1935 Ship list images - Free - Only the Quebec arrivals are indexed by name. All other port records are searchable by date and ship name only.
- Click Search the Database.
- Type the given name and surname of an individual. Note: you can also type the year of arrival, the name of the port or the name of the ship, if known.
- Click Submit Query.
- Click on View Image to see the original ship list
- Gender (male or female)
- Date of arrival
- Port of arrival
- Name of ship
- Archive reference, volume and page number
- Archive microfilm reel number
- Library and Archives Canada Ancestor Search Overall search of many Library Archives Canada online databases.
- An alternative site to search all Canadian immigration records Moving Here Staying Here Uou will have the option to choose whether the screens display in English or French.
- The indexes may not include the names of returning Canadians, tourists, visitors and immigrants en route to the United States.
- Click the link for Online Help for information about the Lirbary Archives Canada site.